PINE is a non-profit organization that increases the resilience of the Northeast region by strengthening the regional permaculture network and increasing access to relevant education and resources.
PINE's Current Projects
- Coordinating communications across the Northeast permaculture network, including a newsletter, web sites and social networking.
- Supporting the creation of regional gatherings, convergences and a spokescouncil.
- Spearheading the creation of a regional permaculture database to increase access to courses, designers, sites and practitioners.
PINE's Work is Informed by the Following Values...
- Permaculture ethics of earth care, people care and fair share
- Being of service to the greater regional permaculture community
- Reflecting the needs/issues/opportunties of the network
- Supporting decentralization, local autonomy and self-organizing across the network
- Encouraging symbiosis, cooperation and collaboration
- Valuing ecological patterns of organization